Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Outfit Post // My Grandmas Garden


Lately I’ve been in a bit of a rut when it comes to getting dressed in the morning. As in I just haven’t been getting dressed. Yep, workin’ in my pj’s all day! It really wasn’t helping my motivation levels and I was feeling a bit down.

 Purple Dress - Recycle Boutique, Black Camisole - Stolen from Mum, 
 Girl Guides Belt - Shop on Taieri,  Black & silver Glitter Heels - Warehouse, but glitter DIY'd by me!

So when I headed to Dunedin the other weekend I made a quick visit to Recycle Boutique which has moved around the corner from its old location. I did a quick survey of the specials rack and found this dress for $4.50! Its amazing how a small purchase like that can lift your spirits.


I’ve worn it a few different ways since I got it – with tights & boots, by itself with a camisole underneath & sandals and with a lace body suit peaking out and a cardigan. I love the little coloured flowers – they remind me of my Grandmas garden in spring. Thankfully this little dress has kick-started my love affair with my wardrobe again!


Oh - I can't forget the shoes. These used to be $60 at the Warehouse a few months ago. I held out for soooo long - and the other week they were marked down to $7.50!!!! They had a wood-grain bottom part on them, which I couldn't decide if I liked it or not, so I decided to glitter DIY (see my tutorial here!) them instead. They are my new favourite shoes - They're so easy to walk in with the super chunky heel! I can't wait to wear them out, but for the moment I'll just have to keep doing my housework while wearing them...

I hope you have all had a good week. We had a long weekend here with Waitangi Day, so I went to visit some friends and their new chocolate lab puppy called Gus – Hershey and him spent all afternoon playing together while us humans ate blueberries and had a BBQ on the deck. My Mum and Sister also came down from Dunedin for a visit and brought my little nephew with them, so we had a look around the shops and had a coffee date at a local pub. It was a nice weekend!

What have you been up to lately? Has it been sunny and warm where you are or have you been playing in the snow? I kinda hope we’ll get a decent dump of snow here this winter!

12 comments:

  1. Wow girl what fantastic finds!! Love the floral dress and those wedges look amazing with the glitter - what a steal! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty frock and I'd never guess those were shoes from The Warehouse! Nice DIY lady:) I agree a good find can make you feel better about your whole wardrobe, we are off to the Naki not this weekend but next, hoping to stop off at a couple of op shops in New Plymouth - they are much less picked over than the ones here in Wellington:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looove the shoes! I'm a new follower and love your style :). breezydaysblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous purple dress. I love your poses. You look so sweet.
    also, I think you have the best hair!

    Courtney
    I Can Be Many Things

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is just gorgeous!

    I still can't view your photos unless I click into them :( It's werid, I wonder if it's just me?

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dress is stunning, I'm in love with the colour <3
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those shoes are SO cool! What a steal :)

    http://a-sparkley-silver-lining.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those shoes are INCREDIBLE. And what a steal!
    This dress looks phenomenal on you. I can't wait to see how you style it. Hope you're well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It definitely has not been sunny and warm where we are! and seeing your beautiful pictures makes me long for the day when we can move to a hot sunny country! We did play in the snow once - but we had to head to the mountains to do that, we haven't had any regular snow in our village...just cold, wet miserable weather! I do Uni work all day in my pj's too! but I loved your purple dress and wow your shoes are amazing - how awesome you waited and they got marked down so much! and that glitter heel definitely makes them - you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the shoes! I'll definitely have to try glitter-izing my stuff one of these days. I nominated you for an award, so come check out my blog to see what it's all about!

    http://breezydaysblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg its BEAUTIFUL. I lOVE the dress:) the title is quite enchanting, too~! :) PLEASE, check out my blog! I follow back!

    Best Wishes from,
    Classic+Glam

    ReplyDelete