Monday, September 19, 2011

Cake Day Monday // Baby Shower Cupcakes

Red Blazer - Savemart Invercargill, Lace T-Shirt - Salvation Army Mosgiel,  
Black and White Skirt - Kmart, Black Tights - Won from NZgirl and Razzamatazz,  
Black Boots - The Warehouse, White Rose Earrings - The Warehouse

Hello Monday! I spent the weekend up in Dunedin, attending the monthly meeting my cake Decorating Club holds and helping out at my sisters baby shower!

I made these yummy cupcakes on Saturday and then iced them on Sunday morning. I used little blue fondant flowers as decorations as my sister is having a baby boy! It was a bit of a mission as there were about 30 people invited, so I made 32 cupcakes with only one 12 hole muffin tin...about 2 hours later I was finished!! It was worth it though, as most of them were gobbled up and the 20 or so business cards I left nearby had disappeared once it was clean up time. 

The shower was so fun, my sister got some amazing presents - people are so generous!! My little nephew is gonna be the best dressed baby in town! I made her a mobile with sea creatures, a palm tree and a surf board on it (she has a surf board and her favourite movie is Blue Crush) she loved it!

Hope you all had a great weekend! What did you get up to? 







4 comments:

  1. That's a great mobile and also the cupcakes look amazing and I bet they tasted awesome too. Hopefully you get some orders from all your effort.

    Also - loving your skirt - super cute:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit hun! OMG your cupcakes look so delish xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah thanks Kc, 150 cupcakes and a giant cupcake is certainly the biggest order I've done to date so far! If I hadn't been working I could have spread it out over a few days but unfortunately I had to do it all the day before so it was a bit manic!

    Your baby shower cupcakes are adorable, and how exciting you have a little nephew coming along! will he be the first? I'm so jealous...I've been wanting my sisters to have kids for ages now!

    This weekend I moved house! finally! I've been reunited with all our belongings that had been packed up in my parents cellar so I've been busy arranging my baking cupboard and setting up my kitchen which makes me super happy!

    ReplyDelete