Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Recipe - Raspberry Turkish Delight


I mentioned on Twitter the other day I was having a craving for Turkish delight. The plan was to stop by my local kebab shop (which rates at no. 3 on my list of favourite kebab shops in Dunedin!) to pick some up on the way home. Unfortunately the girl on the counter told me they no longer sell it – what to do?!

I headed home and pulled out my iPhone and found this recipe. It didn’t seem too difficult, so I decided to give it a go. I made mine raspberry flavoured as I didn’t have rose water at home. (Although I keep meaning to buy it) I also halved the recipe so I didn't have so much!

It came out not too bad, but I would recommend using a candy thermometer to make sure you are following the recipe closely. That’s definitely on my “next purchase” list now!

Have you ever made Turkish delight? What’s your favourite candy or sweet to make? Mine is chocolate fudge – although I’m still on the hunt for the perfect recipe!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you made that?! It is so pretty! I have actually never had Turkish Delight, but it makes me think of Narnia :) It looks really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh... it looks PERFECT! You genius girl! The Boy loves turkish delight... I think I'll have to give this a try. Thanks for the inspiration! x

    http://wonderland.starma.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only had Turkish delight a few times, and I never seemed to care for it. BUT, your lovely pictures have inspired me to try making it. Cheers!

    http://eclecticprocrastination.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh they look deliciously marvelous! I seriously need to try making these one day.

    ReplyDelete