Saturday, January 29, 2011

5 for 25 - The Challenge


By now I suppose those of you who make New Year's resolutions have already made them by now. This year I have decided to do something a little bit different. My 25th birthday is coming up in April and to celebrate my 25th year of "being" I thought I would make a list of 5 things I would like to complete before my 26th birthday next year!

And there you go - 5 for 25! (it just sounded good you see, I have a thing for rhymes)

1. Get my Full drivers license - I am able to get this at the start of April. At the moment I have a curfew of 10pm and I can't take passengers so I am looking forward to getting rid of these restrictions. This is a big deal for me as I had my learners for 3 years before sitting the restricted test!

2. Go to the iD Fashion Show - I really wanted to go last year but couldn't afford it at the time. This year I can!! I just got my tickets on Thursday when they went on sale, I'm going to the Emerging Designer show which showcases selected designers from around the world, and the main iD Fashion show as well. I'm so excited! I just have to decide what to wear now...check out the facebook page here! It is held at the iconic Railway Station here in Dunedin. So you sit outside on the platform or in a train carriage - how cool is that?

3. Enter a cake in a Cake Decorating Competition - I have just joined the club that teaches my cake decorating classes and I'm looking forward to entering a cake in the competitions in March! There is 4 different categories to enter, I'm going to try enter as many as I can.

4. Find a wood working class/fix up some 2nd-hand furniture - I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I would love to have a house full of furniture I made. I already have a TV cabinet I designed and my Dad helped me to build so I would love to add to this!

5. Start running - Ah, how simple it seems. I've never really been a big fan of running, but I've decided this year I will give it a go! I love being outdoors and taking in the scenery so that (and the getting fit part) is going to be my inspiration.

You could try this method out for yourself - maybe 4 for 24 or 9 for 19...whatever you like!! Let me know in the comments what challenges you have set yourself for this year.



1 comment:

  1. Great idea!!! I am working on a list of 25 befor 25!!Good luck! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete